Friday, March 22, 2019

Testing Out Android!



The above is a quick test app that I threw together to test Godot Engine's Android exporting capabilities. To be honest? I'm happy with the results. Even on something as simple as what is shown in the video, running on my dinosaur of a tablet.

What does this mean?

Well, nothing yet. I want to focus on getting the game finished for Windows before I even consider this. But it does open the doors to porting the game to other platforms, Android included. Granted, the UI would have to be tweaked for touch controls for players that lack a physical controller. nd of course, optimizations aplenty. But it could mean that one day, you could play Mega Man Chronicles on the go! That in itself makes me a very happy dev.

Also, no. What is shown in the video is NOT the actual game. It was just a quick throw together that I whipped up for funsies. I'll make another video when MMC is farther along in development. As in, has a complete stage or two to look at. Until then. I'll keep everyone posted. Cya!

No comments:

Post a Comment